We are back baby! (well next year we will be!)
PBM Hardrock six Hour
21st August 2022
PBM Hard Rock 6 hour race cancelation.
The Manning Great Lakes Tip Riders mountain bike club, have made the hard decision to cancel the PBM Hardrock 6 hour mountain bike race due to the uncertainty of current lockdowns and restrictions, the event had already been postponed once to Sunday 10th October 2021, sadly this won’t now proceed.
This was a hard decision but the safety of our members and community is paramount and we wanted to also make sure that riders have time to change their travel plans far enough in advance.
A big shout out to Charlie from Pacific Blue Metal and all our sponsors for their continued patients and support. We plan to hold the 6 hour on our usual date the 21st in August 2022, please add this to your diaries, as we plan to be back bigger and better.
Keep an eye out for more posts on Facebook, the club plans on holding a 3 hour club race once COVID settles down.
This will be a Covid Safe event
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
Please do not attend if you have cold or flu-like symptoms or are feeling otherwise unwell.
Please do not attend if you have had direct contact with a person with Covid-19 within the 14 days prior to the event.
You agree to follow all safety guidelines and directions of the event organiser
All non riders are encouraged to sign into the event by using the available QR code.
A Covid Safe marshal will be present on the day to assist.
2021 Partner Sponsors:
2021 Category Sponsors:
DPS Fascia and Guttering
Welcome to the PBM HARDROCK 6HR Mountain Bike Race. After a brief hiatus due to fires and Covid we are now in our fifth year and once again back at the incredible Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park close to Taree on the Mid North Coast of NSW.
Just like the last four races, this year is shaping up to be one of the best races on the NSW MTB race calendar. The mix of ultra-flowy trails, chill atmosphere and great facilities means that you and your friends won't have better fun for your hard earned.
The Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park is located approximately 7km Southwest of the City of Taree on the Mid North Coast of NSW. Well known as a tourist destination for families seeking the sun, sand and water, the Mid North Coast has also established itself as one of the hottest destinations for mountain bikers in NSW.
Boasting nearly 70km of hand-cut trails established over 20 years, the Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park features endless flowy trails, outstanding enduro-style gravity runs and more than it's fair share of purpose-built structures and jump lines.
Need Directions? Just click here for a map to where the event center is.
Mansfield on the Manning is the closest accommodation to our trails at the Kiwarrak Forest Mountain Bike Park - the perfect place to stay for the PBM Hardrock 6 hour mountain bike race. You have riding access to over 70 km of some of the fastest and most challenging riding in Australia as well the PBM Hardrock race loop is at your doorstep.
CAMPING AT THE RACE
As the Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park is located on State Forestry land, camping is allowed and it's free!
There'll be toilets and water available to racers and riders from 12pm on Saturday 10th October.
PLEASE NOTE: Camping facilities at the Race Event Centre are primitive -
There are no showers/running water/toilet blocks. The location is in the middle of a state forest. Campers will
need to bring everything they require to last the weekend.
The Course Designer has been working overtime to piece together the best course we've had yet! This year we'll have some old favorites and some new sections as well!
We have 11km of flow with only 180 meters of climbing. The loop includes some of your old favorites Moab, Willy Wally, Widow Maker & Eureka just to name a few and some new trails like Cocky & Gotta. The loop has more flow than the Manning River.
Either follow the new PBM arrows starting at the Event Center, check out the map below or check the route out on Trailforks.
A big shout out to Charlie from Pacific Blue Metal & Dave from Barrier Signs.
Sequence of Events
Course announced, marked and open for training
Entries open 10th September
SUNDAY 3rd October:
ONE WEEK TIL RACEDAY!!!
Friday 8th October:
9pm: Race entries closed. Race Go/No Go call for weather
SATURDAY 9th October:
10am: Course open for practice
12pm: Campsite open, water and toilets available
From 2pm: Bourkes Bicycles Guided Trail Day
4pm: Course closed
From 4pm: Club West/Barrier Signs Welcome and Sign-On
Hosted by Club West at
116 Edinburgh Dr, Taree NSW 2430
Due to COVID safe rules we need everyone one to register on the night, everyone that enters on the night at Club West will go in the draw for a $500 accommodation voucher at Mansfield on the Manning.
SUNDAY 10th October:
6am: Course open for practice
7am: Raceday breakfast at the Event Centre
(food and coffee available all day)
8am: Bourke's Bicycles Raceday Mechanics tent open
8.30am: Course closed
8.45am: Race Brief
9am: RACE START
3pm: RACE END
4pm (or after last rider finishes): Mansfield on the Manning Presentation, Plate Draws and Giveaway
Categories and Entries
- FAST LITTLE SNOTS: Junior Team (any combo of male/female 13 - 18 years old)
- Minimum number of FOUR team members
- No limit on maximum team numbers
- (if you want more than four members please contact us
via Facebook or by using the contact form
on this website)
- $20.00 per rider
- NIGEL NO FRIENDS: Solo Open (18 - 39) - $45.00
- SALT N PEPPER : Solo Masters (40 - 49) - $45.00
- CROTCHETY OLD BASTARD: Solo Super Masters (50+) - $45.00
- DUMB AND DUMBER: Open Pairs (18+) - $45.00 per rider
- GRUMPY OLD MEN: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- THREE AMIGOS: Open Team of Three (16+) - $45.00 per rider
- THE MEN'S SHED: Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- BOWLS RIVALS : Super Masters Pairs (50+) - $45.00 per rider
- NIGELLA NO FRIENDS: Solo Open (18 - 39) - $45.00
- : Solo Masters (40+) - $45.00
- NOSEY OLD DUCK: Solo Super Masters (50+) - $45.00
- THELMA AND LOUISE: Open Pairs (18+) - $45.00 per rider
- ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- CHARLIES ANGELS: Open Team of Three (16+) - $45.00 per rider
- KNITTING CIRCLE: Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- GOLF LADIES: Super Masters Pairs (50+) - $45.00 per rider
- NEWLYWEDS: Mixed Open Pairs (18 - 39) - $45.00 per rider
- BOUGHT A B&B IN DERBY: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- MENAGE A TROIS: Mixed Open Team of Three (18 - 39) - $45.00 per rider
- TOO OLD FOR THAT: Mixed Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- FOUND A FRIEND: eMTB team of two (any age or gender) - $45.00 per rider
*Please note: If a category does not receive enough entries to fill a podium (1st, 2nd, 3rd places), that category will be rolled into the category that most closely resembles it (e.g. if only two riders enter Male Solo Masters, they will be rolled into Male Solo Open).