We are back baby!
PBM Hardrock six Hour
15th August 2021
2021 Partner Sponsors:
2021 Prize Sponsors:
DPS Fascia and Guttering
Welcome to the PBM HARDROCK 6HR Mountain Bike Race. After a brief hiatus due to fires and Covid we are now in our fifth year and once again back at the incredible Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park close to Taree on the Mid North Coast of NSW.
Just like the last four races, this year is shaping up to be one of the best races on the NSW MTB race calendar. The mix of ultra-flowy trails, chill atmosphere and great facilities means that you and your friends won't have better fun for your hard earned.
The Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park is located approximately 7km Southwest of the City of Taree on the Mid North Coast of NSW. Well known as a tourist destination for families seeking the sun, sand and water, the Mid North Coast has also established itself as one of the hottest destinations for mountain bikers in NSW.
Boasting nearly 70km of hand-cut trails established over 20 years, the Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park features endless flowy trails, outstanding enduro-style gravity runs and more than it's fair share of purpose-built structures and jump lines.
CAMPING AT THE RACE
As the Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park is located on State Forestry land, camping is allowed and it's free!
There'll be toilets and water available to racers and riders from 12pm on Saturday 14th August.
PLEASE NOTE: Camping facilities at the Race Event Centre are primitive -
There are no showers/running water/toilet blocks. The location is in the middle of a state forest. Campers will
need to bring everything they require to last the weekend.
The Course Designer has been working overtime to piece together the best course we've had yet! This year we'll have some old favorites and some new sections as well!
Once the 2020 course is finalised we will publish it here.
Sequence of Events
Course announced, marked and open for training
SUNDAY 9TH AUGUST:
ONE WEEK TIL RACEDAY!!!
Friday 14th august:
9pm: Race entries closed. Race Go/No Go call for weather
SATURDAY 15TH AUGUST:
10am: Course open for practice
12pm: Campsite open, water and toilets available
From 2pm: Bourkes Bicycles Guided Trail Day
6pm: Course closed
From 6pm: Club West/Barrier Signs Welcome and Sign-On
SUNDAY 16TH AUGUST:
6am: Course open for practice
7am: Raceday breakfast at the Event Centre
(food and coffee available all day)
8am: Bourke's Bicycles Raceday Mechanics tent open
8.30am: Course closed
8.45am: Race Brief
9am: RACE START
3pm: RACE END
4pm (or after last rider finishes): Mansfield on the Manning Presentation, Plate Draws and Giveaway
Categories and Entries
- FAST LITTLE SNOTS: Junior Team (any combo of male/female 13 - 18 years old)
- Minimum number of FOUR team members
- No limit on maximum team numbers
- (if you want more than four members please contact us
via Facebook or by using the contact form
on this website)
- $20.00 per rider
- NIGEL NO FRIENDS: Solo Open (18 - 39) - $45.00
- CROTCHETY OLD BASTARD: Solo Masters (40 - 49) - $45.00
- : Solo Super Masters (50+) - $45.00
- DUMB AND DUMBER: Open Pairs (18+) - $45.00 per rider
- GRUMPY OLD MEN: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- THREE AMIGOS: Open Team of Three (16+) - $45.00 per rider
- THE MEN'S SHED: Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- BOWLS RIVALS : Super Masters Pairs (50+) - $45.00 per rider
- NIGELLA NO FRIENDS: Solo Open (18 - 39) - $45.00
- NOSEY OLD DUCK: Solo Masters (40+) - $45.00
- : Solo Super Masters (50+) - $45.00
- THELMA AND LOUISE: Open Pairs (18+) - $45.00 per rider
- ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- CHARLIES ANGELS: Open Team of Three (16+) - $45.00 per rider
- KNITTING CIRCLE: Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- GOLF LADIES: Super Masters Pairs (50+) - $45.00 per rider
- NEWLYWEDS: Mixed Open Pairs (18 - 39) - $45.00 per rider
- BOUGHT A B&B IN DERBY: Masters Pairs (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- MENAGE A TROIS: Mixed Open Team of Three (18 - 39) - $45.00 per rider
- TOO OLD FOR THAT: Mixed Masters Team of Three (40+) - $45.00 per rider
- FOUND A FRIEND: eMTB team of two (any age or gender) - $45.00 per rider
*Please note: If a category does not receive enough entries to fill a podium (1st, 2nd, 3rd places), that category will be rolled into the category that most closely resembles it (e.g. if only two riders enter Male Solo Masters, they will be rolled into Male Solo Open).