Not long now until the 2017 PBM HARDROCK MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE, and we're getting super excited for heaps of reasons.
One of those reasons is prizes. We thought we'd better figure out what prizes are going where and how much worth of prizes we've got to give out over the weekend of 19/20 August, and quite frankly, we're kinda shocked ourselves.
So here it is - after doing all the spanky maths, our total prize pool as it stands for free items in your competitor's schwag bags, placegetter's prize money and gifts, and random draw prizes throughout the weekend stands at..........
drum roll please...........................
HOKEY SAILORS!!!! Can that be right??? Did we stuff up the maths????
Well, we're not the brightest tools in the shed, but after compiling, checking and re-checking the figures, this is what we're just about to give away!
So where does it all fit in? Well, we couldn't offer this much in prizes and money if it wasn't for our awesome sponsors. Here are the big hitters:
- Weekend away in a luxury Couple Cottage, courtesy of Clarendon Forest Retreat - approx $600 value. Prize will be drawn at the end of the winner's ceremony on Sunday afternoon.
- 2018 Specialized Fuse 6FATTIE mountain bike, courtesy of Bourkes Bicycles and Specialized Bicycles - $1,400.00. To be eligible for this you need to attend the Barrier Signs / Club West pre-race registration at Club west on Saturday night 19th August. Prize will be drawn at the end of the winner's ceremony on Sunday afternoon
- Entrant's schwag bags will include a couple of useful goodies as well as your race plate and a 10% discount voucher on Hammer Nutrition products and Swiftwick socks, courtesy of Swift Sports. Useful goodies courtesy of race category sponsors. Total value of prizes in Schwag Bags approx $2,200.00!
- Nearly $6,000 in prizes and money to the 123 podium finishers in 18 categories. Prizes donated by Pacific Blue Metal, Swiftwick Socks, Regional Financial Solutions, and MidCoast Water. Prizemoney and additional prizes for podium courtesy of Category sponsors. CLICK HERE to see who they are!
- Approximately $1,300 worth of additional prizes to be given out during the JR RICHARDS Kid's Gymkhana (click for details), during the race and at the end of the winners ceremony on the random plate draw!
EGGS EGGS EGGS!!!!!
Just like last year, we have it on good authority that there are going to be mountains and mountains of the best darn eggs on the planet!! Yep, the Matuszny Family of Manning Valley Free Range Eggs will be spoiling heaps of us with their incredibly tasty cackleberries again! These were a standout feature of last year's race, and we can't wait to get stuck into some more of these lovely packages of happiness!!!!
So there you have it folks. That's one juicy prize pool to dive into. Make sure you enter the 2017 PBM HARDROCK 6HR MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE so you have a chance to share some of these prizes. It's gonna be GREAT!
- Nearly $6,000